The TLI programme will enable local volunteering infrastructure agencies to provide streamlined brokerage and volunteering development services, improving access for frontline groups, volunteers and volunteer involving organisations from all sectors.
Activity will include:
The review of Vbase and brokerage systems and the development of Employer Supported Volunteering (ESV) options.
The development of a new alliance, Volunteering Lincolnshire and new partnerships with private and public sector partners via ESV.
The development of new web based volunteering brokerage services.
What is the Lincolnshire Volunteer Card?
A new countywide training programme endorsed by Lincolnshire County Council and the Lincolnshire Health and Well-being Fund
- For anyone over the age of 16 who volunteers or who wants to volunteer in the future
- No previous qualifications needed
- Learners are awarded a certificate and personalised Volunteer Card
- The aim is for the Lincolnshire Volunteer Card to be recognised by employers and voluntary organisations countywide
What’s in it for volunteers?
- The Volunteer Card programme covers the basic skills needed to volunteer in a wide range of roles
- Skills gained are relevant for paid jobs too
- Build on existing experience and gain recognition
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Develop the confidence to step forward into a new role
Does your Organisation Use Volunteers?
Volunteer Opportunity Providers can benefit from working with volunteers who will be trained at no cost to your organisation. If you have volunteers who you would like to be trained to the LVC standard, then you can access the service free of charge through our network of trainers countywide. Or if you work with lots of volunteers and you are PTLLS (or similar) qualified, then you could consider becoming a registered Lincolnshire Volunteer Trainer yourself. A bursary is available to partner organisations who deliver Lincolnshire Volunteer Card Training.
Does your organisation already have a volunteer training programme?
If so, your programme could be endorsed against the LVC programme. Endorsement will signify validation of your training by Lincolnshire County Council and the Lincolnshire Health and Well-being Fund. Training to the Lincolnshire Volunteer Card standard also entitles Partner Training Organisations to a bursary.
To put your hand up to the Lincolnshire Volunteer Card, please contact the Sector Support Team at Children’s Links on Tel: 0845 373 0645 or email LVC@childrenslinks.org.uk. Visit us at www.childrenslinks.org.uk